To perform a ‚Mass update‘ use the navigation panel to go to Customer/Sales/Mass update.
Mass updates can also be performed for vendors under Vendor/Mass update.
‚Mass update‘ is mainly used to manage periodic customer (debtor) invoicing. For example, when invoicing for a periodic subscription or a repeat order.
Uniconta allows the user to define when a subscription should start and end as well as put a subscription on-hold for certainperiods, such as holidays.
Invoicing multiple customers simultaneously with one operation can be achieved using the ‘Mass Update’ function.
To set the up mass invoicing, the sales order must first be created. Use the navigation panel to go to Customer/Sales orders.
Create a sales order by clicking on ‚Add‘ in the sales order toolbar/ribbon.
The following form appears to complete.
To set up a recurring sales order that will be invoiced from the ‚Mass update‘ function:
- In the ‚Invoice‘ section of the above form, the ‚Delete order after invoicing‘ box should NOT be checked. The ‚Delete order line invoiced in total‘ should also NOT be checked.
- Use the ‚Recurring‘ field to choose how often the subscription should repeat.
- The ‚Last invoice‘ and ‚Next invoice‘ shows the last and next invoice date. If the customer has, however, not been invoiced before, then only the next invoice date will be shown.
- Use ‚Subscription end date‘ to choose when the subscription should end, if any.
Mass update toolbar/ribbon
Description of buttons on the mass update toolbar/ribbon.
- Discard transaction: Removes the customer from the mass update list.
- Refresh: Refreshes the data in the screen if corresponding updates have been made in other screens.
- Filter/Clear filter: Filter parameters/reset the filter. Read more on these functions here.
- Layout: Save, delete or retrieve saved layouts. Read more about this function here.
- Edit order: Allows the user to go into the order and edit it.
- Order lines: Allows the user to view the order lines.
- Create invoice: Generates an invoice for each recurring order, for every customer displayed in the Mass Update form.
- Create invoice (current line): Assign a current line to an invoice.
- Order confirmation: Allows the user to send an order confirmation as an email or print out.
- Delivery note: Allows the user to send a delivery note as an email or print out.
Perform a ‚Mass update‘
To send all invoices, for example for all sales orders/subscriptions that are ‚Recurring‘ by month, go to the ‚Recurring‘ column. Filter the data by right clicking on ‚Recurring‘ and sorting ‚by month‘. All sales orders that are set up as a recurring subscription, as described above will be listed.
(Click on screenshot to enlarge).
To send all invoices on the filtered screen at once, click on the ‚Create invoice‘ button in the toolbar/ribbon.
Complete the ‚Create invoice‘ form as shown above.
Check the ‚Simulation‘ box if you would like to check the invoice first, by simulating it.
Select the ‚Date‘ that you would like to send the invoice.
Select ‚Print preview‘ or ‚Send as e-mail‘ if required and enter an ‚Email‘ if it is to be emailed.
Select ‚Send only to this email‘ if the invoice should only be sent to the email entered in the field above, or to other emails provided in the customer card.
Click on ‚Generate‘ to generate or to simulate generation of the invoice.
If a simulation was previously selected, then check the simulated invoices and perform the above steps again from ‚Create invoice‘ to send the invoices without the simulation box checked.