Gain razor sharp control of your storage units
Uniconta’s Logistics option significantly expands both the General Ledger module and Stock Management to include a wide range of functions. These additional functions can be switched on and off according to the company’s current needs.
Companies using Logistics gain razor sharp control of their storage units, allowing them, for instance, to keep track of batches and units as well as calculate the actual value of inventory purchases and sales.
Inventory item text
Bills of Materials (BOMs)
Inventory unit conversion
• ”Order line” creates new order line that shows the duty. If the ”Item number” field is filled out on the duty, then the order line will show this inventory item number. Postings will then also be made according to this item number
• ”Include in unit price” increases the unit price by the "Factor" but will not post it as revenue. Even though the price on the order line is increased by the duty, the duty is still accounted for separately. The sale is posted as if there were no duty on it and the duty is posted separately to a ”Duty account” and an ”Offset account”. If the duty has an item number, then it will be posted according to this number
• ”Hide” means that the duty will affect the accounting but not the invoice. This accounting method is similar to "Include in unit price" method, only the customer is not charged for the duty.
“Before, we could almost only search for one item number. With Uniconta, we have gained an overview of the warehouse, which means that we can service customers more efficiently and better. It merely takes a few seconds to find out if we have, for example, a given tire in stock – or if we have another that meets the same criteria. Customers are happy – and we sell more. It almost can’t be a better win-win situation.”
Stine Kamper, Owner of a Point S repair-shop
Sign up for a free trial
What can the Logistics module do?
The item card
The contents of BOMs are created using the inventory item cards. Each inventory item card displays the inventory status, language as well as the extended item descriptions, price lists that have been set up, serial and batch numbers, item variants and the inventory on-hand. Item and customer statistics are shown directly on each item card – i.e. who has bought the item and how much was earned, showing the contribution margin and contribution ratio. These statistics also show the vendors that the items were bought from and how many items were purchased by each vendor.
Customer Price Lists
- Create customer price lists and combine them with discounts and promotional periods
- Prices are used for sales orders and ‘Quick’ invoices
Vendor Price Lists
- Create vendor price lists and combine them with discounts
- Prices are used for purchase orders and suggested as a purchase price
Customer Item Numbers
- Customer item numbers can be created under item name groups
- Customer item numbers can be included on documents
- Stock management needs to be switched on if users want detailed management of their inventory
- Stock management shows inventory that is available, reserved, shipped, and ordered
- Moving items in the inventory journal now includes ‘To dimension’
- Counting list with series/batch numbers
- BOMs include discount percentages on the order lines
- Accounts for gains and losses and as well as adjustment accounts are system accounts in the Chart of Accounts and can also be selected on the Inventory group
- Sell by date in the inventory journal now can be used with batch and serial numbers.
- Warehouse and location in BOMs
- Attachments can now be made to Bills of Material (BOM) lines
- Productions can now use an expiry date which is included in the batch number
- It is possible to export a counting list to a csv-file format and open it in Excel.
- Inventory items can be looked up by EAN number in the counting list
- BOMs include a field called ’Show on picking list’
- Weight, Volume and Cartons can be entered on BOMs
- View the full BOM breakdown
- You can merge two warehouses and/or two locations
- When creating an order line and selecting a batch number, users will now be able to see all warehouse locations where the batch number is available and select any of these warehouses
- Users have been able to link a photo to an inventory item since version 83. Photos can now also be linked to a variant under ’variant details’. Note that if the main inventory item does not include a photo then Uniconta will not check to see whether the variant also has a photo
- Pricelists now have a check mark that can be selected to determine that Uniconta checks the discount group before it checks the inventory item group
EAN on pricelists
- Price lists include an EAN number. When an EAN number is added to order lines, quotations and purchase orders, Uniconta first looks to see whether an inventory ítem has an EAN number and then it looks at the price list. If there is an EAN number here, then Uniconta will enter the ítem number, Price, amount and discount from the price list. So the same inventory ítem can have several EAN numbers.
- Stock management can be activated for individual items or for all items
- When ‘All items’ is selected, all items with the type ‘Item’ are included in Stock management
- Stock management will not include anything given the type ‘Service’
- Stock management is available by ‘warehouse’, which can be used, for example, to manage by town, country, truck or workshop
- Location is used to give ‘Warehouse’ an additional dimension e.g. row, case, shelf, hall
- Item management by variant – max. 2 variants e.g. sizes and colours
- EAN numbers can be set up on variants and cost prices
When using variants, all allowable combinations can be selected by one click
Serial and Batch numbers
- Serial number and batch checks for correct cost price
- Batch/serial numbers – startup quantity, the number where the user wishes the batch/serial numbers to begin from
- Series/batch numbers must now unique for the same inventory item
- Item stock status – calculates the stock value on a given date
- On-hand – shows on-hand stock in general as well as by warehouse and variant
– sales order lookup – purchase order lines
- Re-order list – calculates the need to re-order inventory items based on set up
- Inventory reservations show what is reserved, ordered, drawn and delivered across all of the modules, so users can easily view item status
- BOM reservations, enabling users to break down BOM reservations in the re-order list by the contents of the BOM
- Inventory report displaying BOMs
Read more about our modules
NOT YET A UNICONTA CUSTOMER?
Uniconta is supported by a wide network of authorized resellers, our Uniconta Partners, so you can always get in touch with an expert if you need help with your Uniconta.
If you are not already in contact with one of our partners to help you get started right away.
We always recommend contacting one of our Uniconta Partners if you:
- Migrate from another ERP system and wants to get your data securely into Uniconta
- Want to tailormade your Uniconta to your individual needs
- Needs integration with other systems
- Will run Uniconta by default but needs sparring or tuition