Release date January 13, 2019
Uniconta Time – Time registration module for project
Uniconta Time is an addition to Uniconta’s project module and is designed to register employee time sheets, track work-in-progress and perform billing. The module allows users to set up standard calendars and price matrices for each employee and register employee hours as a service charge.
These standard calendars and prices can then be used in the “Time sheet” journal under Project/Journals or under each employee. Employees can close periods once their time sheet is complete and the periods can then be approved by a manager. Upon approval, the time sheets will automatically be posted to a standard Uniconta project journal.
Employees are able to re-open periods that have not yet been approved.
Uniconta Time can be activated under Company/Maintenance/Configure application functionality.
Inventory “Duty” module
Users can now select a “Duty” module under Company/Maintenance/Configure application functionality. Duty charges can be set up under Inventory/Maintenance/Duty groups. Once these groups and their lines are set up, users can assign a Duty group to an item.
Duty can be calculated as a ”Amount per unit”, ”Fixed amount”, ”Percentage of net amount” or ”Percentage of cost amount”. Select the “Duty calculation” method in the first column. Next enter the ”Factor” (since it is dependent on the Duty calculation method).
The ”Show on invoice” function allows the user to select how the duty appears on the invoice:
- ”Order line” creates new order line that shows the duty. If the ”Item number” field is filled out on the duty, then the order line will show this inventory item number. Postings will then also be made according to this item number (as if the user had entered the item number directly on the order line).
- ”Incl. in unit price” increases the unit price by the “Factor” but will not post it as revenue. Even though the price on the order line is increased by the duty, the duty is still accounted for separately. The sale is posted as if there were no duty on it and the duty is posted separately to a ”Duty account” and an ”Offset account”. If the duty has an item number, then it will be posted according to this number.
- ”Hide” means that the duty will affect the accounting but not the invoice. This accounting method is similar to “Incl. in unit price” method, only the customer is not charged for the duty.
The last two fields, ”Sales” and ”Purchase” refer to whether the duty should be calculated upon sale or purchase.
Work in progress in project
When a project journal is posted, Uniconta will now post work-in-progress (expected revenue) based on hours, materials, and costs. Accounts and offset accounts for these entries are set up on the project groups. If these accounts are not set up, Uniconta will not post work-in-progress to the general ledger. Uniconta project can still run without integration to the general ledger, if preferred.
There is a new check box on project transactions called “work-in-process”, showing whether or not the work-in-progress is posted to the general ledger. Upon invoicing, the work-in-progress is settled in the general ledger so that only the projects’ actual income is shown both in project and the general ledger.
Uniconta has always had an “invoiceable” check mark field for project transactions. However, it could only be set up manually upon editing a transaction. Users can now enter this field directly in the Project journal, and the category and pay type can then be set to a default value. This default value is then assigned to the project transaction when posting from the general journal and purchases.
Physical vouchers: additional functionality
Two physical vouchers can now be combined. This is done by adding one pdf to another. This is an alternative option to using folders. Users can now also determine in which order the entries should be keyed in, just as the order higherarchy in Uniconta’s general journals. This can be set up under layouts.
Under General Ledger/Reports/Physical vouchers, users can now switch out a physical voucher. For example, if a physical voucher has been posted and all references are correct but the pdf of the physical voucher is incorrect then this physical voucher can now be replaced by uploading a new one.
References between order lines and production
When creating a production from an order line, a reference is created between the two. Users can now go to this reference using the local menu.
New production report
When a production is reported as finished, item lines are created. These lines appear in the Inventory module, but not in custom fields. Users are now able to drag a report into the production module that includes the item lines from the production module only and see the custom fields. It is the same as in sales and purchases, where special reports include user fields.
Standard variants – Select all combinations
When using variants, all allowable combinations need to be set up under standard variants. If all combinations are allowed, then users can now just check off the “Select all combinations” filed. All combinations are then allowed and there is no need to enter each combination one at a time.
Payment service is an easy way for vendors to request payment from their customers. Once your customer has signed a payment agreement with your company, you can initiate automatic payments from your customer’s account to your own without the customer having to take any action.
Nets will advise your customer on the payment history, which is sent electronically or on paper by the end of each month.
Payment services are intended for periodic recurring payments from customers. However, vendors can also initiate one-time payments to the customer’s account.
Uniconta is able to exchange files directly with Nets for both our Vendor service and Payment service. So the user does not have to send or retrieve files from Nets.
Other new features:
- Price lists now accept more than two decimals on each price, just like on the inventory item card
- The item description on the inventory item card can now consist of several lines
- Variants can now also be assigned to productions
- Pivot tabels in the project module now include category, type and pay type dimensions
- The project journal now allows users to click on ”On-hand” and see the number of inventory items on hand
- Upon importing bank transactions in the banking module, users can now select to “Put lines on hold
- Additional purchase charges can now be set up to be posted directly to the vendor account
- Mass updates in purchases can now also create all standard documents
- Uniconta can print and export data from Pivot
- Devexpress version 18.1.7 is now in use.
Shortcut keys in all menus
The local menus now include shortcut keys. We are in the process of setting these shortcut keys up.