INVENTORY | Financial and physical inventory management in Uniconta
Uniconta allows its users to set up, buy and sell inventory items. Inventory on-hand can be viewed as well as placed into warehouse locations by variant as well as by using serial and batch numbers.
All items can then be sold as single items or as BOMs. Reservations and inventory on-hand can be checked on an ongoing basis. Uniconta provide both financial inventory management (i.e. when items are bought and sold, inventory is updated by quantity and value) as well as physical inventory management (i.e. when items are bought and sold, users can review the item physical location).
Uniconta’s inventory control
Inventory management is a module within Uniconta’s accounting system. It is used as an overview of item quantities, the physical location of the item and the value of the inventory. The module gives an easy-to-access overview of available inventory, inventory on order and inventory reserved with locations and cost prices by individual item.
Delivery notes can be created and updates to show items that have been received. The items can then be brought into the inventory even if the purchase invoice has not been received.
Such in-depth inventory control is rarely used to manage each individual nut and bolt. The basic inventory management covers the nuts and bolts and is, of course, included in the system.
- Manual item number allocation or automatic allocation via the number sequence given on the item group
- The item number can be up to 40 characters long
- 4 Product Types – item, service, BOMs and production BOMs
- Cost price is given in local currency and the purchase price currency can be selected by the user
- Groups are available and are typically used for setting up postings as well as for automatic item number creation and specification codes and countries of origin for Intrastat and the list system.
- Device names created by Uniconta, translated into 23 languages and the terms have been converted for electronic invoicing (OIOUBL).
- 10 decimal places available
- Select primary vendor that will automatically be suggested upon reordering inventory items
- EAN-number field which can be used, for example, when printing out inventory labels with bar codes
- Inventory item placement – detail item’s placement in the warehouse. This can include the warehouse location as well as specify an additional location within the warehouse, so users can fully manage exactly where an item is located
- Cost price model – Fixed cost price, average or FIFO
- Select serial or batch number control
- Give total discount – indicates whether a total discount can be given on the item
- Hide item in sales and purchases – manage whether an item should appear when creating a sales and/or purchase order
- Inventory on hand for each item – physical inventory, reserved, ordered, available, available for reservation
- Size specifications – weight, volume and carton
- Brand – indicate brand and type e.g. Adidas, Golf – search and filter functions
- Inventory levels for purchasing and sales management – minimum, maximum, purchase quantity and standard sales quantity
- Alternative item – proposes an alternative if the requested item is not on hand
- EU-sales – select tariff number (KN8) and country of origin – used for Intrastat/list system
- Variants – select a default variant for variant management, for example, size and colour.
- Attach notes and documents to inventory item lines, for example drawings, assembly instructions, and images – images can then be printed on forms such as quotations.
- When using dimensions, users can specify suggestions e.g. department, carrier and purpose
- Up to 5 variants in the inventory module
- More suppliers and EAN numbers per item number
- Dimensions on inventory transactions
- Item names can be up to 150 characters long
- Price groups 1, 2 and 3 do not allow price of zero
- Inventory item statements – customer and vendor movements
- Transactions – all movements on the inventory item
- Inventory status – value of inventory at a given date
- Items on hand – on hand, available, reserved and ordered by variant and warehouse
- Re-order list – suggested purchase calculation in relation to sales orders, purchase orders and BOMs
- Counting list – for counting and entering inventory item counts
- Selected variants – inventory by variant
- Batch-/serial number – inventory, quantity sold, purchase date, expiration date
- Posted inventory journals
- Inventory item – /customer statistics
- Salesman-/customer statistics
- Uniconta pivot-tables – displays statistics based on pre-selected criteria on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis
Updates – new fields, new lists, new function buttons, new reports
- Uniconta’s ’Tools’ module is included in the standard package
- New fields available in the inventory item list
- New reports added to the list of standard reports.